Search Engine Optimization Tools
Submitted By: Ron Sheldon
March 9, 2009
Category: Search Engine Optimization
Configuring Synergy and using it as a powerful search engine optimization tool in just 11 easy steps:
2. Download Synergy for your Mac machine by clicking on the OSX.tar.gz file.
3. Decide which machine is going to be the main machine. That main machine will become your “server” and the other machine will become your “client.”
4. Assuming you want to make the Windows machine the “server” call that machine “WindowsServer” no quotes.
5. By default, you will name the Mac machine "MacClient" no quotes.
6. On the Windows machine click on Start>Synery>Configure>Share this computer’s keyboard and mouse (server)>+ sign>type WindowsServer>OK>+ sign>type MacClient>OK>WindowsServer>0 to 100% of the right of WindowServer goes to 0 to 100% of MacClient>MacClient>0 to 100% of the left of MacClient goes to 0 to 100% of WindowsServer.
7. You now configure your Mac. Create a text file named "synergy.conf" no quotes with the following (download the text editor "TextWrangler"):
8. On the Mac, click on Terminal>preferences>settings>shell>check_Run Command. Then type: /Applications/synergyc –f –n MacClient your Windows machine IP address. You can get the Windows machine IP address by clicking on Start>All Programs>Accessories>Command Prompt>type ipconfig>press enter.
9. On the Mac, click on System Preferences>Accounts>Your screen name>Login Items>Terminal. This will force terminal to run at startup. The script in step 8 will run automatically.
10. If you have a dynamic IP address, an IP address that changes every once in a while, when your IP address changes you will need to change the IP address in the script of your Mac machine to your current IP address. Sure, that is a bit of hassle, but you can easily overcome it by keeping a keyboard and mouse next to your Mac machine just for such events. If you have a static IP address, you won’t run into this problem.
11. Walla! You now can use both your Windows machine and your Mac machine with just one mouse and one keyboard. If you get both in the wireless version, you won’t have any cords to contend with. Enjoy!
If you need to open a new terminal on your Mac machine, just right click on the terminal icon, choose New Command, type in any letter in the box and click Run. This will give you a new terminal.
Search Engine Optimization | Search Engine Marketing | Keywords | Content Writing | Link Building