Search Engine Marketing
So you've put up a website, but can anyone find it? Many people have spent thousands sometimes even tens of thousands of dollars putting up a fantastic looking website, but they have not given much consideration as to how to market that website and how to get a steady flow of visitors to the website.
You have many options when it comes to marketing your website. Here are just some of your options:
- Search Engine Optimization - This is when you optimize your website and tweak it around the keywords/phrases you are interested for the purpose of increasing the ranking of your site on search engines. The higher your ranking on search engines, the higher the number of visitors your site receives. The more visitors to your site the higher the chance of converting visitors into buyers.
- Pay-Per-Clicks - This is when you purchase sponsored listings from companies such as Overture and the Adwords program from Google. Pay-per-click companies will charge you a fee every time someone clicks on your site. In addition, the entire pay-per-click system is an auction-based system. This means you can pay $1 per click in the morning, and you could end up paying $3 per click by that same afternoon, as you can have more competitors enter the market.
- Direct Mail - You can send out traditional direct mail pieces to a specific target market. This approach tends to work better if you offer a niche product or service.
- Opt-in Email - You can purchase lists of people that have subscribed to niche email lists. Certain companies have experienced success by purchasing niche email lists from magazine companies.
- Traditional Forms of Media - You can place television, radio, newspaper, and magazine ads. There are specific advertising agencies that specialize in each of the above. When exploring this option, it is best to work with industry specialists, particularly when it comes to television advertising.
All of the above forms of marketing come with a price. As a Netrepreneur you will need to analyze the potential cost and revenue for each method, do a break-even analysis and see at what point you start seeing a profit. Most companies experience traffic conversion rates of .5% to 2.5%. However, the conversion rate depends on how well you target your audience, and the marketing medium you use to reach that audience. Some of our customers have experienced 8% conversion rates via our search engine optimization efforts due to how we targeted their keywords to reach their intended audience.
No matter what your marketing mix, in the end you must deliver excellence to your customer. The customer must be the focal point of your business. If your customer feels they are getting their money's worth, they will not only buy from you, but they will refer other clients to you as well. Word-of-mouth advertising is the least expensive and most effective way of securing orders.