Search Engine Optimization for 2015
So much has changed since we at RegisterEverywhere.com started doing SEO in late 1994. Meta tags were a big deal then. Nowadays they play a trivial role, and Google completely ignores the keyword portion of meta tags.
Here is what you need to know to deploy a successful SEO campaign in 2015:
- Avoid using forums for backlinks
- Avoid using blogs for backlinks
- Avoid using article submission directories for backlinks
- Avoid using press releases for backlinks
- Avoid using trackbacks for backlinks
- Avoid using referrer stats pages for backlinks
- Avoid buying backlinks
- Avoid having duplicate textual content
- Avoid hiding any textual content, particularly if they are keywords
- Avoid using a small font size to hide text
- Avoid buying fake likes and shares for Facebook
- Avoid buying fake favorites and retweets for Twitter
- Avoid writing textual content for robots
You will note not one item from the above list is in the affirmative. Prior to Google releasing their webmaster guidelines SEO was practiced very loosely. Things are very different nowadays. However, from all of the SEO projects we get, approximately 90% of them still use the above outdated and counterproductive methods when it comes to SEO.
Call your current SEO company today and ask them how they get their backlinks. If they mention any of the above, chances are extremely high that you have already been penalized by Google or your site is about to be penalized by them. It is imperative that you work with a proper SEO company. Not doing so can cost you far more than the money you saved by getting the cheap SEO company to work on your site. Remember the old adage – you get what you pay for.
Call us today at 1-800-585-3222 and let us analyze your site, your site’s backlinks, and your competition. We can get you the traffic you deserve and save you money in the long run.
All of us at RegisterEverywhere.com wish you a happy, healthy, and successful new year!